Egypt's prosecutor general have ordered that former President Hosni Mubarak be moved from a military hospital back to prison after medical experts agreed Mubarak's health has improved.
The 84-year-old Mubarak was taken to the military hospital last month when he reportedly suffered a stroke and was said to have been near death.
Prosecutor-General Abdel Maguid Mahmud said since Mubarak's health has stabilized sufficiently the transfer could happen later on July 16.
During the weeks of his trial for involvement in the killings of demonstrators, Mubarak was wheeled into the courtroom on a stretcher.
An Egyptian court found him guilty and sentenced him to life imprisonment in early June.
Based on reporting by Reuters, AP, and dpa