Russian prosecutors have ordered investigators to drop a criminal case against the owner of Moscow's Domodedovo International Airport stemming from a deadly terrorist attack there five years ago.
The order comes less than a week after a Moscow court quashed the house arrest of Dmitry Kamenshchik and two airport executives in connection with possible security lapses at the time of the suicide bombing in Domodedovo's arrival zone.
The Prosecutor-General's Office said on July 6 that its instruction was sent to the head of the country's Investigative Committee and cannot be appealed.
Prosecutors said they have found no causal relationship between Kamenshchik's actions and the attack, which killed 37 people and injured 172 others when a suicide attacker detonated his explosives in the airport's baggage-claim area.
Four people have been convicted for helping plot the attack.
The criminal case was launched after victims and their relatives filed lawsuits seeking compensation from the airport, which had reportedly recently rolled out new security and screening procedures.
The airport's management last month reportedly reached an agreement to establish a charitable fund to help those affected by the 2011 attack.
One of three major Moscow-area airports, Domodedovo served more than 30 million passengers in 2015 to make it Russia's second-busiest.