The Libyan opposition has rejected calls for talks by Muammar Qaddafi.
The Transitional National Council, based in rebel-held Benghazi, said on April 30 Qaddafi has no role to play in the country's future.
The rejection comes shortly after NATO dismissed a cease-fire offer from Qaddafi, saying the alliance wants to see the Libyan leader end his forces' attacks on civilians first.
Qaddafi called for a cease-fire and negotiations with NATO powers in a live speech on Libyan state TV earlier on April 30, saying "the door to peace is open." But Qaddafi also said he does not intend to step down from power or leave the country, and that Libyans would be able to solve their own problems if the NATO strikes end.
Meanwhile, fighting continues in Libya, with rebels saying Qaddafi's forces on April 30 stormed the oasis town of Jalo, south of the rebel bastion of Benghazi, killing at least six civilians.
And Qaddafi's regime has threatened to attack any ships trying to enter the rebel-held port of Misrata, after tanks launched an assault on the city, east of Tripoli.
Misrata's port is a crucial conduit for humanitarian aid to Libya. Fighting there has recently intensified, 10 weeks after government forces launched a deadly crackdown in the city.
compiled from agency reports