WATCH: The Sarajevo-based news service SensServis posted video showing the gunman walking calmly while holding his weapon after he fired at the U.S. Embassy on October 28.
A Bosnian court has ordered a man who fired an automatic weapon at the U.S. Embassy in Sarajevo last week held in detention for a month while authorities investigate what they say was a terrorist act.
The judge accepted the prosecution's argument that 23-year-old Mevlid Jasarevic could interfere with the investigation if not in custody.
Jasarevic is accused of shooting at the embassy building in Sarajevo and injuring a policeman before a police sniper shot him in the leg in the October 28 incident.
Jasarevic said at the hearing that he does not recognize the court. His lawyer says his client is completely detached from reality and must be seen by a psychiatrist.
Jasarevic is said to be a follower of the Sunni Muslim Wahhabi sect.
Nusret Imamovic, the leader of Wahabbi movement in Maoca, Bosnia, posted a YouTube video condemning the shooting. Imamovic said the act was "not acceptable."
compiled from agency reports