Emergency aid deliveries to Syria are expected to start on September 14 as a cease-fire appears to be largely holding.
The United Nations envoy for Syria, Staffan de Mistura, said on September 13 that there had been a "significant drop in violence" in the 24 hours since a cessation of hostilities came into effect at sunset on September 12.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported only minor violations by both government and rebel forces in different parts of the country, but no deaths.
De Mistura said UN aid access should be possible "very soon," including to Aleppo, where around 250,000 people remain under siege.
He said the UN was waiting for the Syrian government to authorize the deliveries.
Two aid convoys, each of around 20 trucks, are waiting to cross into northern Syria from the Turkish border town of Cilvegozu, around 40 kilometers from Aleppo.
The Syrian government has said it would reject any aid deliveries to Aleppo not coordinated through Damascus and the UN, particularly from Turkey.
Based on reporting by Reuters and AFP