Syrian state television has reported that two bombs have exploded in Damascus.
According to the reports, the first blast on September 7 targeted security forces outside a mosque just after Friday prayers, killing five troops.
Two hours later, a car bomb exploded in the western neighborhood of Mazzeh between the ministries of information and justice, which are about 100 meters apart.
There were no immediate details about casualties in that blast.
Earlier on September 7, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said residents recovered 45 unidentified bodies in two towns on the outskirts of Damascus.
Meanwhile, International Committee of the Red Cross chief Peter Maurer has said that he received "positive commitments" from the country's leadership on calls for the release of tens of thousands of people detained since March 2011.
But Maurer said President Bashar al-Assad's promises need to be tested.
Based on reporting by Reuters, AP, and AFP