Ukraine says three government troops have been killed and 15 wounded in fighting with pro-Russia separatists in the country's east.
Military spokesman Oleksandr Motuzyanyk said on September 13 that the deaths occurred in the provinces of Luhansk and Donetsk in the previous 24 hours.
One serviceman remains unaccounted for, Motuzyanyk said.
Meanwhile, the separatists said violence in the Donetsk region resulted in the death of three of their fighters as well.
The violence comes despite the warring sides last month agreeing to a cease-fire that went into effect on September 1 to coincide with the new school year.
The foreign ministers of Germany and France are due to visit Kyiv on September 14 in a bid to revive the truce.
Fighting between government forces and separatists has killed more than 9,500 people in Ukraine's east since April 2014.
Based on reporting by AP and AFP