Ukraine has reported its first combat death since a new cease-fire with Russia-backed separatists went into effect on September 1.
"In the past day, as a result of military activities, one of our soldiers died and two were wounded," Ukrainian military spokesman Andriy Lysenko said on September 9.
Lysenko said the casualties were suffered during an attack by separatists around the eastern town of Mariinka near Donetsk.
He added that the separatists also violated the truce by shelling the vicinity of the port city of Mariupol.
Earlier this week, the separatists claimed the death of one its fighters.
Fighting between government forces and separatists has killed more than 9,500 people in Ukraine's east since April 2014.
In late August, the warring sides agreed their latest truce to coincide with the new school year.