The Ukrainian military said one of its servicemen was killed and 21 were wounded in separatist attacks over the past 24 hours as both sides accused the other of violating a cease-fire deal.
"In the past 24 hours the number of cease-fire violations by illegal military groups has risen," Ukrainian military spokesman Oleksander Motuzyanyk told reporters on June 14.
Motuzyanyk described attacks on the airport of rebel-held Donetsk and Horlivka and Maryinka towns as being the most intense.
Meanwhile, a senior separatist commander said rebels had recorded 185 cease-fire violations from the Ukrainian side in the past 24 hours, including tank fire and shelling by weapons banned under the cease-fire deal, brokered in February by the leaders of Ukraine, Russia, Germany, and France.
The truce has stemmed large-scale fighting but sporadic clashes claim lives almost daily on both sides.
Kyiv reported on June 13 one of the heaviest death tolls for Ukrainian troops since early June, saying six servicemen had been killed and 14 others wounded.