Hussein was in court yesterday for the first time after skipping the last two sessions, protesting over the court's legitimacy.
Two former Hussein aides refused on 13 February to testify against him.
Former head of the presidential office Ahmed Khudayir and ex-intelligence chief Hassan al-Obeidi both said they had been brought to court against their will.
During another stormy session, Hussein said he too was forced to attend and shouted "Down with [U.S. President George W.] Bush."
Hussein and seven codefendants face charges over the 1982 killing of 148 people in the village of Al-Dujayl.
(compiled from agency reports)
The Tragedy At Al-Dujayl
READFormer Iraqi dictator SADDAM HUSSEIN and seven of his associates went on trial on October 19, 2005, on charges of crimes against humanity for the regime's role in the deaths of 148 residents from the town of Al-Dujayl, and the imprisonment of 1,500 others following a botched assassination attempt against Hussein there on July 8, 1982. Following the arrests and deportations, the regime leveled the town... (more)