OSH, Kyrgyzstan -- The mayor of the southern Kyrgyz city of Osh has met with relatives of people missing since deadly clashes between ethnic Uzbeks and Kyrgyz last month, RFE/RL's Kyrgyz Service reports.
Mayor Melis Myrzakmatov told the gathering that 48 Osh residents are still officially missing in the wake of violence that took place from June 10-15.
Some 92 people were initially reported missing after the clashes. Twenty-five were later found dead and another 19 were located.
Myrzakmatov said 40 people accused of involvement in the disappearances have been arrested. He added that Kyrgyzstan's most-experienced investigators are involved in looking for those still missing.
Meanwhile, the Kyrgyz government has announced the creation of a state commission to investigate the causes of the unrest in the southern regions of Osh and Jalal-Abad.
The government says 300 people were killed in the ethnic clashes. About 3,000 people were injured and more than 1,000 buildings were destroyed. Hundreds of thousands of people -- mostly ethnic Uzbeks -- fled their homes.