The death toll from the April 19 Taliban attack in the Afghan capital has risen to 64 -- more than double the total previously estimated by officials.
Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said on April 20 that 347 people were also wounded in the attack on an office of the country's main security agency in the center of Kabul.
Most of those killed and wounded were civilians.
The attack began with a suicide car bomb during the morning rush hour, which was followed by an assault by armed militants.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack, which came a week after the militant group announced the start of its annual spring offensive.
The presidential palace said the attack "will not weaken the will and determination of Afghan security forces to fight against terrorism."
Based on reporting by AFP and Reuters