Reuters say a Syrian rebel group has sent them a video that purports to show one of the Russian pilots from the downed Su-24 jet immobile on the ground.
The group's leader has claimed to Reuters that the pilot is dead.
RT is running a piece with a video which it says shows a dead Russian pilot surrounded by rebels.
According to Reuters, the video was sent by a rebel group operating in the northwestern area of Syria, where groups including the Free Syrian Army are active but Islamic State has no known presence.
Here's video of the plane downing:
Abdullah Bozkurt, a journalist with Turkey's Today's Zaman newspaper, says that local Turkmen sources in Syria are saying that both the Russian pilots from the downed Su-24 plane have been captured.
One is injured and the other is in good health, the sources say. The claims have not been verified.
NATO is set to make a statement about the downing of the Russian Su-24 jet in Syria, the pro-Kremlin RIA Novosti is reporting, citing a NATO source.
Turkey's Anadolu Agency is quoting Turkish presidential sources as saying that the Russian Su-24 jet was shot down over Turkish air space.
"Turkish jets shot down a warplane believed to be a Russian type SU-24 for violating Turkey's airspace near its border with Syria on Tuesday, Turkish presidential sources said.
The warplane went down in Syria's northwestern Turkmen town of Bayirbucak near Turkey’s border within the framework of engagement rules, the sources added."
The Turkish General Staff also said that the Su-24 had been given 10 warnings within five minutes. It was downed by two F-16s, the General Staff added.
Russia's version of events contradicts the Turkish statements. Russia is insisting that the plane was shot down by surface-to-air fire and that it had never entered Turkish air space.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov is due to visit Istanbul tomorrow. That planned visit will not be altered in the wake of the shooting down of the Russian Su-24 jet, a Turkish foreign ministry official has told AFP.
Turkey's Hurriyet Daily is reporting that Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu has spoken with his Chief of Staff, Gen. Hulusi Akar, as well as Foreign Minister Feridun Sinirlioğlu regarding the incident.
The Turkish Prime Minister's Office also said that Turkey will consult with NATO and the United Nations on the developments at the border with Syria.
Russia's Defense Ministry is also reporting that three Russian journalists have been lightly injured in Syria.
It seems the three journalists were embedded with the Syrian army.
The Defense Ministry is saying that the journalists' car was fired at from a TOW anti-tank missile. The incident happened yesterday, November 23.
The journalists have been returned to the Hmeymim air base for medical treatment.
Russia's Defense Ministry has tweeted in English to reiterate its earlier statement that the downed Russian Su-24 fighter jet was in Syrian air space and had not violated Turkish air space.