The IS group in Libya is claiming responsibility for shooting down a MiG 21 military plane targeting militant groups near the eastern city of Benghazi.
However, Nasser al-Hassi, a spokesman for the Al-Karamah operations room in Libya, says that the plane went down because of a hydraulic system failure.
The pilot of the downed plane ejected, senior army commander Fadel al-Hassi told Reuters.
The IS group has executed a female journalist, Ruqia Hassan, in its Syrian stronghold of Raqqa, Syria Direct reports.
Better known by her pseudonym "Nisan Ibrahim," Hassan wrote about life under IS rule on her personal Facebook page and "often reported on airstrikes in Raqqa as they happened," Furat al-Wafaa, an independent citizen journalist formerly with the Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently media campaign, tells Syria Direct’s Ammar Hammou.
Syria Direct tweeted this photograph of Hassan.
The IS group is holding a number of Albanian children whose fathers were killed fighting in Syria, and refusing to let them go home, the Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN) says.
BIRN has seen documents showing that 31 children including 23 minors were taken to Syria, and that some of them are now orphaned or fatherless.
Eva and Endri Dumani, aged nine and seven, are two of the 31 Albanian children left fatherless by the war in Syria.
Shkelzen Dumani was killed while fighting for [IS] on November 5, 2014, nine months after he took his children to Syria without informing his wife.
In Syria, Dumani changed his children’s names to Sara and Talha. Since his death, despite the efforts of the family and the Albanian authorities, his children have not been allowed to return home.
We are now closing the live blog for today. Join us again tomorrow morning for all the latest news concerning the Islamic State group.
About 100 Pakistanis have travelled to Syria and Iraq to join the IS group, Punjab province Law Minister Rana Sanaullah has said.
“The government is doing its best to stop the recruitment for the IS,” Sanaullah said.
The BBC has been told by an "official source" that a British man named Siddhartha Dhar is the focus of investigations into the latest propaganda video by the IS group.
The video purports to show the killing of five men IS claimed were spies.
"A lot of people think it is him," the source said, although there has been no official confirmation.
Mr Dhar, also known as Abu Rumaysah, fled Britain in 2014 while on bail.
The father-of-four, from Walthamstow in east London, had been arrested on suspicion of encouraging terrorism, but later travelled to Syria after being bailed.
A London man says that the child shown at the end of the latest IS propaganda video is his grandson. His claim has not been independently verified.
Henry Dare told Britain's Channel 4 News that he recognized the child as Isa, the son of his daughter Khadijah, who has joined the IS group in Syria.
"I can't disown him. He's my grandson. I know him very well," Dare said.
Tribal leaders in Iraq's Anbar province have said that tribal and security forces have mobilized amid an advance by IS militants near the town of Barwana near Haditha, local media report.
Sheikh Naim Kaoud of the Albu Nimr said that IS was attacking Barwana and Haditha from four directions and that large numbers of IS militants had advanced from Mosul, Syria and Hit towards Haditha.
There are reports from Kurdish and Arabic news sources that Iraqi aircraft are targeting IS near Haditha and Barwana.
The British man believed to be the main suspect in the latest IS propaganda video traveled to Syria despite being on bail for alleged terrorism offenses, The Telegraph is reporting.
Siddhartha Dhar, also known as Abu Rumasayah, was arrested in September 2014 on suspicion of belonging to the banned group Al-Muhajiroun.
But hours after being granted police bail, Dhar traveled by bus to Paris and then on to Syria where he joined IS.