Libya's Alwasat News is also reporting that air strikes by unidentified planes have hit IS targets near Sirte and Bin Jawad.
Sirte is under IS control.
IS overran Bin Jawad in an attack last week.
Journalist Daniele Raineri tweets this image of Italian military personnel in Misrata, Libya to evacuate some of those injured in last week's truck bombing by IS in Zliten.
A camp for migrants in Calais, France may be a refuge for returning militants to "hide in plain sight" before "smuggling themselves" into the UK, a former British head of police counter-terrorism has told the BBC.
Kevin Hurley said the camp was "completely un-policed."
But Care4Calais, a UK charity that helps migrants in the camp, slammed the remarks.
However, the founder of Care4Calais, a UK charity set up to help migrants staying in the camp, dismissed the claims as "the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard."
Clare Moseley said: "You would have to be the world's stupidest terrorist to try and enter Britain as a refugee, because when you come as a refugee you are subject to detailed background checks."
The casualty rate from the Syrian town of Anjara, which a monitoring group says was hit by a Russian air strike this morning, has increased.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says that at least 12 children and three adults -- including the children's teacher -- were killed in the strike this morning.
Russian Defense Ministry official Sergei Rudskoi has said that Russian air strikes have inflicted heavy losses on "terrorists" in Syria both in terms of manpower and equipment, RIA Novosti is reporting.
Rudskoi said that the Russian air strikes are allowing the Syrian army and the "patriotic opposition" to continue with operations despite difficult weather conditions caused by heavy rains and low temperatures.
Russian Defense Ministry official Sergei Rudskoi says that in the first ten days of 2016, Russia has carried out 311 sorties and hit 1,097 oil infrastructure, refining and production targets, military equipment and militants in Syria.
The sorties hit targets in Aleppo, Idlib, Latakia, Hama, Homs, Damascus, Deir al-Zor, Hasakah, Raqqa and Dara'a provinces, according to Rudskoi.
Russian Defense Ministry official Sergei Rudskoi has said that militants are being supplied with weapons and equipment from Turkey and that new recruits are regularly transferring across from Turkey to the northeastern part of Syria's Latakia province.
Speaking on the Rossiya 24 channel today, Rudskoi said that Syrian government forces had succeeded in inflicting losses on militants in Latakia province.
Turkey has accused Russia of targeting ethnic Turkoman militants in Latakia. Russian speaking militants from the North Caucasus are also based in the province near the border with Turkey.
Here is Russia's Defense Ministry's tweet saying that Russian air strikes hit 1,097 "terrorist" targets since the start of 2016 and including a photo of ministry official Sergei Rudskoi.
AFP has posted this video showing the aftermath of Syrian government strikes yesterday on rebel-held Douma near Damascus.
The 23-second video includes scenes from inside a field hospital where the injured, including children, are being treated.
Russia, the United States and the UN are scheduled to meet in Geneva on January 13 to discuss Syria, a diplomatic source has told the TASS news agency.