A fire has swept through a middle-school dormitory for girls in southern Turkey, killing 12 people and injuring 22.
Adana Governor Mahmut Demirtas said those killed in the November 29 fire included 11 students, aged between 11 and 14, and a teacher.
Demirtas said the dormitory in the southern Adana region had 34 people living in it and that the fire may have been caused by an electrical problem.
Officials said panicked victims tried to jump from windows to safety. They also said many may have died when they couldn't open a closed fire door to escape to the building's top floors.
Turkish television showed flames rising from the three-story building and firefighters battling the blaze.
Fires are frequent in Turkey due to antiquated and, in some cases, wooden buildings and faulty electrical wiring. But there have been few fires that have killed this many victims.