If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an exciting media project.
Our Digital Strategy Team is seeking an intern for cooperation on daily tasks and special projects related to Social Media. The intern will be assisting with the streamlining, supporting and optimizing the Social Media operation across the organization and interacting with all the digital parts of RFE/RL, especially the language services. The internship will last from 4 to 6 months. Days per week are flexible and depend on the agreement with the mentor and the students’ schedule, however the intern is expected to dedicate at least 20 hours per week to the internship.
You will learn:
- about the work of the Digital Strategy Team.
- about the digital strategy related to Social Media.
- about Social Media audience and social and community engagement.
- how to manage Social Media and other distribution accounts.
- how to prepare relevant workshops and training.
Minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- An educational background and/or experience in media, journalism or other related field.
- Fluent English and Russian.
- Experience with reporting is an advantage.
- Experience with Social Media and digital metrics.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and to work independently.
- Interest and awareness in news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants.
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.