TEHRAN (Reuters) -- Fifteen members of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards force were among those killed in the October 18 suicide bombing attack in the Islamic republic's volatile southeast, state radio reported.
Iranian media had previously said six senior commanders were among the 42 people killed in the deadliest such attack in Iran since its 1980-88 war with Iraq, without specifying how many of the others belonged to the force.
Civilians, including tribal chiefs, were also among the victims.
"The number of Revolutionary Guards martyred...in the terrorist incident in Sistan-Baluchestan province is 15," state radio said.
Iranian media say a Sunni rebel group, Jundollah (God's soldiers), has claimed responsibility for the bombing.
Iran says the group is backed by the United States and Britain. London and Washington have denied involvement.
Iran has demanded that the UN Security Council strongly condemn the attack.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran expects that the Security Council react to this terrorist attack by condemning it in the strongest term[s]," Iran's UN ambassador, Mohammad Khazaee, said in a letter to Vietnamese Ambassador Le Luong Minh, the current president of the 15-nation council.