German prosecutors have charged a German-Russian dual citizen suspected of bombing the Borussia Dortmund soccer team's bus with attempted murder.
The Dortmund prosecutor's office said on August 29 that the suspect, identified only as Sergei V. due to German privacy laws, has been charged with 28 counts of attempted murder in connection with the bombing.
Three bombs went off near the Borussia Dortmund team bus outside the city of Dortmund on April 11 as it was heading to a stadium for a Champions League match against Monaco, injuring a player and a police officer.
Federal prosecutors said earlier that the 28-year-old suspect was hoping to make money if the price of the soccer club's shares fell on the stock market.
Prosecutors said on August 29 that he is also charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm and causing an explosion.
The incident initially was treated as a terrorist incident after a note hinting at an Islamist connection was found at the scene.
But an Iraqi man who was detained and suspected of being a member of the extremist Islamic State (IS) group was found to have no connection with the attack.