Kurdish authorities in northern Iraq say they have arrested an alleged Islamic State cell that they said was responsible for the recent deadly bomb attack near the U.S. consulate in northern Iraq.
In a statement on April 28, Kurdish authorities said the five-member cell had been in contact with the extremist group over the past several months while planning the car bomb attack in the Kurdish regional capital, Irbil, that killed three people and wounded five.
No Americans were killed or wounded, and the consulate was not damaged.
The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack.
Four of the suspects were described as residents of Irbil, while the fifth is an Arab resident based in the city of Kirkuk. One more suspect is still at large, the statement added.
Based on reporting by AP