A news report says a Russian soldier accused of killing seven members of a single family in Armenia last month will be tried at Russia's military base in Armenia.
The killings on January 12 sparked protests by Armenians, who demanded that the suspect, Private Valery Permyakov, be transferred to the custody of Armenia and tried in its courts.
Last month, Russian Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin said the investigation and criminal proceedings against suspect Permyakov "will be held exclusively on Armenian soil."
Armenian officials said at the time that Permyakov's trial would be conducted in Armenia, but by a Russian military court.
On February 3, the Russian news agency Interfax cited a source close to the investigation as saying that Permyakov will be tried at the Russian base in the Armenian city of Gyumri, where he was stationed and is now being held.
Authorities say Permyakov has confessed to killing the victims, who included a 2-year-old girl and a 6-month-old boy.
Based on reporting by Interfax