U.S. prosecutors have said that a grand jury in Washington has indicted 15 Turkish security officials and four other people for their part in a brawl during Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's recent visit.
Eleven people were hurt in what Washington's police chief called a "brutal attack" on peaceful protesters outside the Turkish ambassador's residence after Erdogan met with President Donald Trump at the White House on May 16.
The U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia said charges had already been brought against 16 of the defendants in June, and an indictment on August 29 added three to the list.
It named the three new defendants as Muhsin Kose, Yusuf Ayar, and Harrettin Eren, and said they were among 15 Turkish security officials indicted.
Prosecutors did not provide the names of other defendants. They said all were indicted on charges of conspiracy to commit a crime of violence and could face up to 15 years in prison if convicted.
Prosecutors said two of the defendants were in custody and due to appear in court on September 7.
The Turkish Embassy has blamed the violence on demonstrators linked to the Kurdistan Workers Party, which Turkey and the United States consider a terrorist group.