We are looking for a Journalist with Russian language to join our team in RFE/RL North Caucasus Service in Prague. RFE/RL Journalists initiate, prepare, produce, and deliver wide variety of journalistic material on multiple platforms (Radio, TV, online, social media, printed, etc.) as assigned, relevant to the target audience and to RFE/RL mission, adhering to and striving to exceed RFE/RL content quality standards.
- Creates content on a wide variety of topics and issues, from bulletins and dispatches to features for relevant platforms. Adapts content as necessary. Translates according to the language proficiency.
- Works as field correspondent and reporter on assignment.
- Conducts interviews in the studio, by telephone, or in the field
- Moderates, delivers live, blogs, records, contributes, inputs online, shots photos and video as required.
- Produces live, recorded, online, printed, etc. content, as appropriate, using the available techniques, operates relevant technologies, tools and computer equipment.
- Maintains up–to–date familiarity with political, economic, and social developments in and related to the target area. Briefs himself/herself on latest news and issues prior to starting work day.
- Researches material and, exercising editorial judgment, selects reliable information from a varied range of reputable sources.
- Keeps deadlines and strives to meet or exceed RFE/RL standards for the quality of the output.
- Adheres to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times and takes editorial responsibility for all own material.
- Actively participates in program feedback sessions.
- Is expected to regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to program planning.
- University education in journalism or related field, or equivalent relevant training and experience.
- Around 2-3 years of experience as a journalist.
- Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Ability to handle at least one selected platform or media, general awareness of other media and platforms. Ability to work with audio and video equipment, word processing tools, information research tools and new technologies and media platforms.
- ·Able to work with RFE/RL content management system - capable of posting and editing text and photos, webifying content, and Program Scheduling.
- Able to reliably develop and deliver quality content according to RFE/RL standards and best practices. Able to pitch original ideas, cultivate original sources, conduct interviews, write news and features, with light editing and editorial supervision.
- Good editorial judgment exercised in own work. Occasionally needs editorial supervision.
- Seeks opportunities for development and training, and assumes responsibility for own learning.
- Supportive team player.
- Has an understanding or RFE/RL mission and broadcast area targets
- Russian language at native level, mandatory
- Working knowledge of English. Able to use English current affairs resources daily and to use the information for work - with editorial supervision and assistance., mandatory
- Other North Caucasus area language desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.