We’re looking for Digital Media Editor to start up and contribute to a new project in our Balkan Service. You will be responsible for coordinating, editing, and generally managing RFE/RL’s Balkan Service social media presence and engagement with audiences across these platforms. The incumbent plays a lead role in new media and digital initiatives, and identifies content for enhanced outside promotion.
• Coordinates, edits, and generally manages RFE/RL’s Balkan Service social media presence and engagement with audiences across these platforms. Works with Web Team and Digital Media Units on day-to-day and special digital initiatives and new content delivery strategies.
• Develops new strategies for distributing content and engaging with audience online, and measuring impact of such initiatives. Works with broadcasters and journalists to determine (and develop, where appropriate) stories meriting wider distribution in media markets in Bosnia, Western Balkans, Europe and the United States. Aids Communications department in producing packages for distribution to targeted media and other interested parties.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Journalism, international relations or related field MA - Master degree.
• Digital media/journalism/communications experience and expertise in a fast-paced organization with tight deadlines. (Mandatory)
• Previous experience working in public or non-profit sector environment. 2-5 years (Desirable)
• Radio broadcasting experience. Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure. (Desirable)
• End-user knowledge of Lotus Notes. (Desirable)
• End-user knowledge of MS Office applications (Mandatory)
• Experience in organizing, running and evaluating digital initiatives of small and large scale in local and international environment. (Mandatory)
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of journalism, proper use of new and more traditional communications channels, having a solid communication and marketing background. (Mandatory)
• Networking (Mandatory)
• Bosnian as a first language (Mandatory)
• English – proficient (Desirable)
• Broadcast region language Working Knowledge Oral+Written (Desirable)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.