If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire direct, practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an exciting media project.
Our Tajik Service is seeking an in-house (Prague or bureau in Tajikistan) or remote intern for production/editorial assistance. The intern would be expected to assist with different projects at least 3 days per week, however the arrangement of hours is flexible.
The internship will provide practical training in journalism and news production. This is a wonderful opportunity for students and recent graduates who wish to become journalists or learn more about journalism. The intern will also learn about news writing, editing, video production, TV news presenting and/or social media activities.
You will learn:
- about the work of Tajik Service.
- how to produce news and use reliable sources.
- how to use text/video to tell a story.
- what is the role of Social Media in journalism.
- how to write a blog or create a v-blog.
Minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- Basic knowledge of video production and video editing.
- Good communication skills.
- Keen interest in writing and journalism.
- High proficiency in written and oral Tajik and Russian.
- Communication knowledge of English.
- An ability to find reliable information.
- Keen interest in social media and social-media outlets.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and to work in team.
- Interest and awareness in news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants.
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.