If you want to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so you would acquire direct practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid, we offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute toward new and exciting media projects, Our News Division- Romania/Moldova Team is seeking bright interns for its’ Prague operation for one month with the possibility to extend. Ideally, we are seeking candidates studying in Prague. Expected attendance would be 4 hours per working day. The goals of the internship will be to provide practical training within the Romania Team in which interns will gain a deeper understanding of working with photo and video archives, and with a variety of selected databases of photos from Romanian and International photo databases from news agencies, including rare archival photos and film clips.
You will learn:
- to work with selected photo/video databases.
- to archive and organize photos/videos from Romania.
- to create appropriate description and tag selected material.
- understand the start-up process of the team
- the different stages and step-by-step processes of team functioning: from generating ideas to execution of a final product.
Minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- Strong knowledge of Romanian history and geography, especially from the 20th century.
- Strong orientation to details.
- High proficiency in written and oral English
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Interest in media industry.
- Interest and awareness in news and current affairs of RFE/RL’s broadcast region.
- Ability to work in team.
- Previous experience with photo/video databases, desirable.
- Good understanding of the Romanian language, desirable but not required.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.