We are looking for an experienced Social Media Editor. Reporting to the Chief Editor, the Social Media Editor is responsible for coordinating, editing, and generally managing RFE/RL’s Language Service social media presence and engagement with audiences across these platforms. The incumbent plays a lead role in new media and digital initiatives, and identifies content for enhanced outside promotion.
• Takes care of RFE/RL Language Service's accounts on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
• Explores new opportunities for using other platforms as well for reaching new audiences.
• Posts RFE/RL Language Service's content on Social media and makes sure all content is Google-friendly.
• Produces content especially for Social media.
• Advertises content on Social media, creates advertisements, targets audiences, keeps track of the performance.
• Plans and creates polls, quiz or other forms of interaction with RFE/RL Language Service's audience on Social media.
• Answers/forwards messages sent on Social media, moderates discussions under the posts, and ensures a tolerant and hate-speech-free environment.
• Uses journalistic acumen to find stories that are both likely to be shared and meet RFE/RL standards.
• Mines the web for news leads and participates in developing news stories.
• Keeps RFE/RL Language Service's team updated throughout the day on trending topics and stories worth exploring.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred
• 3+ years of experience in digital journalism and social media in news organization
• Strong news judgment
• Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure
• Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to work with social and digital media to both find content and disseminate it.
• Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.,
• Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
• Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously and work under deadlines.
• Romaina language native level
• English language working profiency
• Other foreign language is an advantage
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants.
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.