Our Current Time Digital team is seeking a Prague-based intern for assistance with video editing for an English-language online project. The selected intern should be able to start as soon as possible and provide support at least until mid-August 2019.
The intern would be expected to assist the project at least 16 hours per week. Days per week are flexible and depend on agreement with the mentor. The internship will provide hands-on experience preparing Russian-language TV news programs, films, and videos (including social videos) for an English-speaking audience. This experience will include working during a national election. The intern will potentially also have the opportunity to create his or her own English-language videos, using Current Time’s footage, supplemented by his or her own reporting.
You will learn:
- about the work of the Current Time Digital team.
- how to use media-friendly language for storytelling.
- how to use video to tell a story that captures viewers’ imagination or attention.
- how to use research/reporting in one language to tell a convincing story in another.
Minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- An educational background or work experience in digital journalism (TV or print is also acceptable).
- Interest in and awareness of news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.
- Basic knowledge of video editing, including subtitling (Adobe Premiere)
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects is a plus.
- A laptop with appropriate word-processing and/or video-editing software
- High proficiency in written and oral English and Russian.
- Experience in translating (from Russian into American English) is an advantage.
- A strong understanding of how copyright applies to online videos
- A keen interest in social media and social-media outlets
- An ability to find reliable information and detect trends in media topics and media consumers' interests is an advantage.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to take the initiative, to multitask and work both independently and in a team
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.