If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an exciting media project.
Our Learning & Development Team is seeking an intern for cooperation on a special project related to social media. The intern will be assisting with preparation and management of the RFE/RL Internship YouTube channel and the promotion of the internship program on social media. The internship will last from 3 to 6 months. Days per week are flexible and depend on the agreement with the mentor and the students’ schedule, however the intern is expected to dedicate at least 16 hours per week to the internship. The internship is possible as a remote or 'in-house' cooperation.
You will learn:
- about the work of the Learning & Development Team.
- about social media audience and social and community engagement.
- and practice copywriting and video-editing skills.
Minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- An educational background and/or experience in media & communication, marketing or another related field.
- Fluent English.
- Fluent Russian is a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with social media and digital metrics is an advantage.
- At least basic experience with copywriting and video-editing.
- Experience with Adobe products is needed, especially with Adobe Premiere.
- A laptop with appropriate word-processing and video-editing software.
- Ability to multitask and to work independently.
- Eagerness to learn new things and improve skills.
- Interest and awareness in news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants.
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.