If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire practical experience. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an exciting media project.
The Audience & Growth department is seeking a Prague-based or remote intern to assist with daily tasks and special projects related to assessing the digital performance of RFE/RL’s 26 Language Services. The intern will work in a focused and highly pacey work environment in the Audience & Growth department. They will be using various digital analytics tools to assess a wide range of issues on multiple platforms.
The internship will last from 6 to 8 weeks (minimum), but the period can be extended up to a maximum of 6 months. Days per week are flexible and depend on the agreement with the team and the intern’s schedule. However, the intern is expected to dedicate at least 20 hours per week to the internship.
What you will learn:
- the work of the Audience & Growth department
- how to measure, analyze, and archive the key performance data for social media accounts
- how to measure, analyze, and archive the key performance data for websites and apps
- how to deal with the intricacies of collecting data for new and emerging platforms, including Telegram and podcast streaming platforms
- how to make sense of numbers and tell their story by producing analytical reports or visually appealing presentations
Expected duties may include all or some of the following:
- collecting podcast data on multiple streaming platforms
- collecting data on the performance on RFE/RL-owned channels on Telegram
- collecting performance data on various social media platforms
- assisting with organizing, storing, and interpreting data
- interacting with various RFE/RL stakeholders in Prague and RFE/RL bureaus, including journalists and content producers
- suggesting ways to optimize workflows in the Audience & Growth department
- preparing presentations to relay finding to various RFE/RL stakeholders
Minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- Background and/or experience in social media, journalism, research/statistics, or any related field.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Fluency in other languages from RFE/RL’s broadcast region is an advantage.
- Interest and awareness in news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.
- Excellent communications and policy skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants.
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.