If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire direct, practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an interesting project.
Our Legal Department is seeking a Prague-based intern for assistance with ongoing GDPR projects, preferably during the summer or even longer. The selected intern would be expected to assist on the projects from 10-20 hours per week, partly remotely and partly in the office (Prague’s Headquarters).
You will gain:
* better knowledge and understanding of GDPR law and GDPR issues (e.g. consents, contracts).
* a better understanding of interaction between EU legislation and legislation of non-EU countries and operation of a multicultural organization.
Expected duties may include the following:
- helping with the creation of GDPR information page on RFE/RL intranet (e.g. preparation of FAQ, updating various GDPR information or memos for the employees),
- reviewing of GDPR information provided on all RFE/RL websites – updating of wording,
- reviewing and updating the list of third parties and their contracts,
- assisting with translation of various consents to other languages, and
- assisting with inspection of RPA (Records of Processing Activities).
Minimum requirements are:
- University student (in the 3rd grade or higher) or recent graduate– must be currently enrolled and in good standing.
- An educational background in law is welcome.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Czech and/or Russian is a plus.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work and engage with employees with a professional attitude.
- Detail-oriented and good organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Experience with project management is an advantage.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants.
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.