Reporting to the Lead and working on Backend Development. Senior Backend Developer is a hands-on developer, responsible for maintaining and enhancing current web applications while also developing longer-term projects.
- Works under the guidance of the Lead, works on Backend Development, defines and documents the architecture of backend software components. Works on improving existing backend software solutions.
- Makes high-level backend software design recommendations and non-functional requirements (quality criteria) for new software projects. Maintains sets of software development best practices and standards.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring technical excellence of backend software projects.
- Works with Project Managers and Pangea Operations on defining task priorities, technical specifications, time estimates, and delivery plans.
- Coordinates the work of backend Pangea Digital developers and contractors, according to defined priorities, and monitors their performance.
- Reacts to emergency situations to fix urgent issues.
- Introduces modern software development practices to improve the backend development process.
- Applies advanced refactoring techniques to ensure stability and maintainability of current projects.
- Provides a leadership role in continuous integration and delivery efforts. Researches and recommends new technologies to backend developers.
- Mentor, pair, participate in code reviews and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you.
- Relevant industry experience with responsibility for backend software/systems analysis, design, architecture, development, and maintenance. 3-5 years (Mandatory)
- Proven experience leading successful software development projects.
- Strong knowledge of SOLID Principles and design patterns.
- Leadership, work management and planning skills.
- Ability to design and develop new features and components within the given software, writing code in any relevant language required (currently C#, .NET, SQL) and ability to identify improvements in the given software or application.
- Practice of modern software engineering, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and releasing.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use a methodical step-by-step approach to break down complex problems or processes into their constituent parts, to identify cause and effect patterns and analyze problems to achieve an appropriate solution.
- Ability to quickly anticipate, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Adaptability and flexibility to understand and appreciate various perspectives on an issue, adapting as the requirements of a situation change, and easily accepting changes in the organization or job requirements.
- Ability to work with team members - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment.
- English language (Proficient)
- Czech language (Working Knowledge Oral + Written) (Desirable)
Nice to have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud, Docker, MS SQL or any relational DB
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.