Speaking to RFE/RL's Uzbek Service by phone from Andijon, Oinonen said the delegation met with city officials, but had no time left to talk to residents.
"We met with the local prosecutor's office, the local police, and Interior Ministry people," he said. "We went through each of those places which have been mentioned in international reports and we went through the events that [took] place at each point, such as the prison, the police [station], the Babur Square, [and] the hokimiyat (regional administration building). We went through practically all the places that were important during the Andijon events."
Uzbek authorities say 187 people -- including many security officers -- died in Andijon after what they described as foreign-funded, armed Islamic militants seized the city.
Rights groups dispute the official account of events and accuse security forces of massacring hundreds of unarmed civilians while reasserting control over the city.
The Uzbek government, which has persistently refused to let the international community investigate the Andijon events, agreed on November 8 to "discuss" last year's violent events with EU experts.
In return, the EU did not expand the sanctions imposed on Uzbekistan last year and contented itself with extending the existing ones for another six months.
(RFE/RL's Uzbek Service)