The Television Anchor and Producer works closely with the Executive Producer, and is responsible for preparing and presenting every aspect of a weekly, international, analytical program for the Kazakh Service from Prague. The TV Anchor/TV Producer is an integral member of the production team. The TV Anchor serves as host of the program and can drive the content of the show. In the role of TV Anchor s/he will serve as the editorial ‘face’ of the service in all related programs. S/he will actively work with the Executive Producer to assure the best on-air presentation of the program. The incumbent works with Executive Producer and Senior TV Producer to ensure desired topics in desired format are provided by the production teams. S/he helps decide the format of content in the program, provides constructive feedback regarding coverage, choice of topics and issues as well as maintaining an open line of communication with any broadcast partners. They will approve all video, text and other elements for the weekly broadcast. In their role as the Television Producer s/he directs content creation for broadcast in consultation with the Executive Producer. Works with team to review and approve video reports, tease upcoming reports, and plan coverage. Television Producer works with both the Executive Producer and the Coverage Desk Coordinator to assure that the weekly program achieves the best possible editorial coverage. They should also actively participate in the development of any new TV content or programming. The Television Anchor/Producer cites any show production issues in regular post mortems to news and production staff and works with the Executive Producer to ensure problems do not become chronic. The incumbent provides constructive feedback regarding news coverage and programming. Works closely with Services, especially Russian, CTTV and Central Asian as well as Multimedia and Central Newsroom to draw upon the best available content sources. S/he works with “Futures” and “Special Events” to create dynamic programming that demonstrably connects with the audience.
• Prepare the highest quality news program in the marketplace.
• Oversee the core editorial content for each TV broadcast
• Primary TV producer for the weekly, analytical international programs from Prague including all Live programming as well as any additional broadcasts that are developed. They can serve as the Line Producer as needed for each of the programs.
• Review all edited TV material for editorial content and production quality and assure that it also meets the same standards for any online platform.
• Contributes to the development of all on-air talent and journalists.
• Brings the vision of a project to life by creating and supervising the creation of live and taped news content, visual elements and graphics.
• Understands concepts of live production, live streaming, post-production editing, sound mixing, incorporation of computer-generated graphics and special effects. Approves final edits.
• Writes/reads/edits and approves editorial content, packages, voice overs, sots, intros, scripts before they head into production to ensure accuracy and continuity.
• Checks for facts, style, and thoroughness of reporting. Approves editorial quality, visual accuracy, and factual script accuracy before the finished program goes on air.
• Is able to edit video and use all available edit tools, such as After Effects and related tools.
• Provides editorial and technical guidance to RFE/RL studio & field video producers for live and taped production.
• Provides feedback and coaching to video journalists in an effort to improve the quality of reporting.
• Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines.
• Works with video editors on projects. Keeps track of production progress on program elements. Coordinates editing, advises video editors on best editing practices.
• Draws upon content from other services and pushes Current Time content out to other services. Coordinates with producers from RFE/RL language services to obtain video files, transcripts, and translations. Shares Current Time content with RFE/RL’s Russian Satellite Stream, Multimedia Department, other RFE/RL language services, and other BBG entities as needed.
• Takes part in relevant training sessions offered by RFE/RL’s Development department to improve her/his performance.
• Stays on top of news and events in the region.
• Liaison with other RFE/RL Services and other news organizations. Coordinates special regional coverage throughout the Service and Multimedia.
• Developing, networking and maintaining an extensive and up-to-date database of contacts (particularly Kazakh and Russian-speaking analysts, guests, experts and others) that covers different areas of expertise across the world.
• Responds quickly to developing news stories to find appropriate guests and contributors.
• Attends editorial meetings and takes part in informal discussions, offering creative well-researched ideas for story ideas, coverage opportunities, guests and contributors.
• Final say on show rundown and oversight of any new or special programs that are developed.
• Edits and signs off on video and audio packages – news and features as well as promos.
• Provides all necessary information on guests and contributors needed by the production and technical teams, ensuring that the appropriate details are entered the relevant systems, and that requirements are made known to Graphics and other teams as necessary.
• Works closely with Multimedia, the Central Newsroom and Technology teams, providing content information and helping with logistics as required.
• Takes responsibility for developing own management skills.
• As an on-air representative of the Service any significant visual changes to appearance must be done in consultation with the Service Director.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Other duties may be added, as specified by management.
Journalism or related area
Strong sense of editorial judgement, logistical understanding, strategic and creative leadership
Deep understanding of the media market, key players and how best to connect with the audience and how to broaden and expand audience impact and reach
Maintains and understanding of all Media platforms, key players, critical contacts, government entities and with an ongoing positive relationship with other media outlets
• Work Experience
An experienced television anchor/producer (5 to 7 years)
Kazakh (fluent) - mandatory
Russian (fluent) - mandatory
English (working knowledge) - mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.