Reporting to assigned supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for web writing and editorial requirements of Radio Farda English web products and coordination of coverage of breaking news. A commitment to journalistic impartiality is a given and should guide editors from start to finish.
- Maintains the Farda English language website.
- Posts clean and compelling content to the Radio Farda English website based on Radio Farda Persian content.
- Augments text with photos, video, social media embeds and background material.
- Edits materials posted on the language service website and is responsible for editorial content of own work as well as that of other contributors. Ensures that news stories are accurate and written according to RFE/RL’s standards, following company procedures.
- Updates the language service website in a timely and professional manner, is responsible for consistently meeting all deadlines.
- Coordinates coverage with contributors
- In addition to web production, web editors are encouraged to pitch ideas and expected to take on writing assignments, as needed.
- Performs other tasks assigned by the Radio Farda editor-in-chief and the director of Radio Farda.
- Journalism or related field (BA – Bachelors Degree )
- Combination of education or experience
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure., mandatory
- Previous journalism experience required, including work in a fast-paced organization with tight deadlines (at least 5 years)
- Online Journalism, Online writing
- Relevant software knowledge
- Web editing
- Copy-editing skills
- In addition to working regular shifts it is expected to be available during important, breaking news events
- Persian, native level, mandatory
- English language, near native proficiency, strongly desired
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants.
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.