We are looking for a Multimedia Journalist for our Ukrainian Service who will be responsible for writing articles, features, blogs, analysis, video scripts, captions, editing packages and bringing in “lead” and other news stories; posting them to the web and airing stories on broadcast, digital and mobile devices and channels. Utilizing multimedia skills s/he will focus on the details to provide high quality factual story telling. This position will also have interviewing and live reporting responsibilities. The incumbent will demonstrate through his/her work, a passion for the company’s mission and surrogate role as well as community journalism, understand its impact on audiences and be able to build on that. The incumbent is expected to be a self-starter and able to work independently and effectively with others.
• Produces content for multiple platforms, including internet, video, mobile, etc.
• Stays informed of breaking stories and current news events.
• Works with service director, editor and/or producers to enterprise and develop stories on a daily basis
• Meets daily deadlines in a high energy working environment.
• Develops new strategies for distributing content and engaging with audience online and measuring impact of such initiatives.
• Works with CNR correspondents and editors to determine (and develop, where appropriate) stories meriting wider distribution in foreign language media markets.
• Works with colleagues on enhanced coverage of events and news reporting.
• Attends internal workshops and New Media Working Group meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• In addition to working regular shifts is expected to be available during important, breaking news events, and work as assigned by a supervisor.
• With minimal supervision, deliver quality products that demonstrate commitment to journalistic impartiality and accuracy
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Journalism, international relations or related field BA - Bachelor degree (Mandatory)
• Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure 5-8 years (Mandatory)
• Digital media/journalism/communications experience and expertise in a fast-paced organization with tight deadlines. 2-5 years (Mandatory)
• Grounding in web production and editing and in use of Pangea (Mandatory)
• Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously. (Mandatory)
• Ability to be creative and innovative.
• Ability to carry out independent reporting from the field involving foreign travel
• Ability to organize digital initiatives of small team in a media environment. (Mandatory)
• Ability to work various shifts, as assigned and on short notice (Mandatory)
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use a methodical step/by step approach to breaking down complex problems or processes into their constituent parts; to identify cause and effect patterns and analyze problems to arrive at an appropriate solution (Mandatory)
• End-user knowledge of David system. (Desirable)
• End-user knowledge of MS Office applications. (Desirable)
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of journalism, proper use of new and more traditional communications channels, having a solid communication and marketing background. (Mandatory)
• Should be proficient in basic web posting (Mandatory)
• Strong ability to establish contacts, work with and further develop media affiliates network in international environment. (Mandatory)
• Broadcast region language Native
• English language Working Knowledge Oral+Written (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.