Final results give Zelenskyy 30 percent:
By RFE/RL's Ukrainian Service
Ukraine's election commission has released the final results of the March 31 presidential vote, giving political newcomer Volodymyr Zelenskyy just over 30 percent of the vote.
With no candidate getting 50 percent, Zelenskyy will meet incumbent Petro Poroshenko on April 21 in a runoff.
The Central Election Commission announced on April 4 that Zelenskyy secured 30.24 percent of vote while Poroshenko received 15.95 percent. Former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko came in third with 13.40 percent.
The commission said 18.9 million eligible voters took part in the election. Turnout was 62.8 percent.
International observers said on April 1 that the election was "well administered" and "competitive."
The election came as the country struggles with a war against Russia-backed separatists, Moscow's seizure of a key chunk of its territory, a sluggish economy, and rampant corruption.
This ends our live blogging for April 3. Be sure to check back tomorrow for our continuing coverage.
Two Ukrainian soldiers killed in fighting:
By RFE/RL
Ukraine says two of its soldiers have been killed and two others wounded in clashes with Russia-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine.
The Defense Ministry on April 3 said separatist fighters fired machine guns, mortars, artillery, and grenade launchers, violating a cease-fire 14 times in a 24-hour period.
The ministry also said that Ukrainian armed forces killed three separatists and wounded eight others
Meanwhile, the separatists in the Donetsk region accused Ukrainian government forces of violating the cease-fire 12 times in the same period.
Since April 2014, some 13,000 people have been killed in fighting between Kyiv's forces and the Russia-backed separatists who control parts of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
Cease-fire deals announced as part of the Minsk accords -- September 2014 and February 2015 pacts aimed at resolving the conflict -- have contributed to a decrease in fighting but have failed to hold.
A new cease-fire agreement was reached on March 8, but both sides have accused each other of repeated violations since then. (w/TASS)