We are looking for an experienced Data/Visual Journalist. The incumbent focuses primarily on collecting, creating and using data and graphics in order to distill complex topics (e.g. economics and corruption) into user friendly, compelling, engaging, interactive, and interesting story presentations for multiple platform use (digital, web, social media & TV). S/he will take a direct role in the daily analysis of data production of info graphics, charts, graphs, etc. S/he must have experience in all phases of creating visualizations and microsites. Excellent people skills and a customer-oriented attitude are equally important, as you will be working every day in close collaboration with graphic designers and other specialist staff from across the organization both in Prague and in the bureaus. The incumbent is expected to stay on top of world news, attend editorial meetings, communicate with clarity, and keep a flexible schedule.
- Designs online interactives, including microsites, and design elements for feature content.
- Works closely with writers, editors and other designers to create visual projects under tight deadlines.
- Stays current with state‑of‑the‑art data visualization practices, including web design/mobile/tablet/desktop UI, graphic presentation, interactivity and other relevant areas; provides guidance and support in those areas.
- Provides design and execution for web page, web page elements, HTML emails, site promotions, partner channels, print collateral and other site features/enhancements.
- Educated in Graphic Design, Coding, Journalism or a related field (BA ‑ Bachelor degree desirable)
- Highly motivated and well-organized with the ability to generate original ideas consistently.
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships within RFE/RL and outside broadcasters.
- Expertise in Illustrator and Photoshop or equivalents
- Desire to grow professionally and an interest in general understanding of business are welcome
- Romanian (fluent), mandatory
- English language (Proficient), mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants.
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.