The Digital Producer reports to the Chief Digital Editor. S/he creates Russian and Kazakh language content. The content will be crafted so that it is suitable for multimedia platforms and online video programs with an emphasis on video content. The incumbent works closely with DIGIM and other relevant language services, especially CA, Russian and others. This includes working closely with the Multimedia and the Central Newsroom teams to create and deliver, daily, high quality, impactful, innovative news content that is on time, relevant to the RFE/RL mission, factually accurate, impartial, balanced, moderate and non-polemical in tone, conforming to RFE/RL’s Professional Code. Together with the Chief Digital Editor and Executive Producer, this person is expected to initiate and develop daily, in-depth, top story reports and content that is suitable to all the Service platforms. The expectation is that the digital producer will create video stories, review and edit content from the Service’s Reporters and Producers and deliver completed stories to all platforms.
• Liaison with other RFE/RL Services and other news organizations
• Developing, networking and maintaining an extensive and up-to-date database of contacts (particularly
• Need to identify Kazakh and Russian-speaking analysts, guests, experts and others) that covers different areas of expertise across the world
• Contribute to all live programming, up to an including appearing in a live program
• Generate ideas and execute them effectively and efficiently
• Responds quickly to developing news stories to find appropriate guests and contributors
• Attends editorial meetings and takes part in informal discussions, offering creative well-researched ideas for story ideas, coverage opportunities, guests and contributors
• Works closely with Multimedia, the Central Newsroom and Technology teams, providing content information and helping with logistics as required
• Takes part in relevant training sessions offered by RFE/RL’s Training department to improve her/his performance
• Performs other related duties as required
• Other duties may be added, as specified by management
Journalism or related area
Focus on compelling storytelling, relevant to our audience.
Detail oriented with a deep understanding of news priorities
Fundamentally sound journalism and writing skills
Experience working with video, effectively operating a camera and able to edit video.
Demonstrated ability to use text, images and sound effectively with a good understanding of production values.
Is equally facile relevant to the platforms, eg: TV versus social media.
Stays on top of news and events in the region.
Ability to translate and adapt content between the two primary Service languages on a daily basis using the best journalistic standards and clearest language for each audience.
• Work Experience
An experienced digital producer and content creator (3 to 5 years) with a strong sense of editorial judgement, logistical understanding, strategic and creative story sense. And a deep understanding of social media methodology, how to best develop and place content on a variety of social media platforms. How best to curate and create compelling content for consumption by our target audience. How to broaden and expand audience impact and reach. Maintains an understanding of all Media platforms, key players, analytics, critical connections within the field and with an ongoing positive relationship with other media outlets.
Russian (first level ability) – mandatory
Kazakh (fluent) - mandatory
English (written and oral proficient) - mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.