RFE/RL is seeking a visual journalist to join the Central Newsroom’s digital unit. The candidate will bring stories from our broadcast region to life, through graphics, data, and/or code, whether the topic is breaking news, or a long-term package. S/he will create visual content such as news graphics, data visualizations, and microsites. The candidate will be expected to regularly pitch their own stories, relevant to RFE/RL’s broadcast region and mission. This is a hybrid editorial/design role, so the ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years working on visual storytelling projects for digital news media organizations.
• Create online visual content such as news graphics/videos, interactives, longform storytelling projects, and design elements for feature content.
• Works closely with writers, editors and other designers to create visual projects under tight deadlines.
• Be able to handle visual projects from pitch to publishing on RFE/RL’s digital platforms.
• Versed in social media best practices, such as appropriate sizes of visual content on Facebook, and Twitter.
• Stay current on latest digital storytelling methods.
• A portfolio that supports a minimum of 2 years of professional experience at a news organization in a visual journalism capacity.
• Educated in Graphic Design, Coding, Journalism or a related field (BA Bachelor degree desirable).
• Sharp editorial acumen, and attention to detail.
• Native-level English.
• Familiarity with current events and the news cycle in RFE/RL’s broadcast region.
• Highly motivated and well-organized with the ability to generate original ideas consistently.
• Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
• Expertise in graphic design using programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Experience publishing on social media platforms, especially on Facebook and Twitter.
• Experience with CMSes.
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT REQUIRED
1/ Front-end web development and data visualization skills utilizing:
• Static site generation, using build tools such as Gulp, Webpack or Grunt
• Responsive web design
• Visualization libraries such as D3
2/ Experience with motion graphics and video storytelling using tools such as Adobe After Effects.
3/ Fluency in another language from RFE/RL’s broadcast region.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.