The Graphics Artist creates daily news broadcast graphics, video packages and other elements for Web and mobile platforms (Social media). The incumbent is also responsible for quickly creating sharable and newsworthy graphics based on the stories of the day for the digital component of Farda Digital. He/she will both create graphics in advance based on his/her knowledge of upcoming features and make daily graphics based on trending items both from the website and from the social media team. Proficient knowledge on English is mandatory and Persian language knowledge is desirable.
- Creates daily news broadcast graphics, video packages and other elements for TV, web and mobile platforms.
- Works closely with social/digital media teams to create dynamic, understandable and shareable graphics and infographics for RFE/RL content.
- Generates and implements ideas for visuals working from knowledge of current events and target audience behaviors.
- Creates a visual identity for the Farda Digital team and its news and social media production.
- Stays on top of news and events in the region.
- Undergraduate BA degree or certificate in Fine Arts or Design but not required if candidate possesses the equivalent in experience.
- 2-3 years of experience working as a graphics designer.
- Must be familiar with 2D and 3D graphic design packages such as Maya, Cinema 3D, Photoshop, In Design and After Effects to create multimedia designs and graphic concepts in liaison with animators/motion graphics specialists, programmers, writers, multimedia specialists and video editors.
- Ability to edit with Adobe Premier software.
- Ability to work with Editorial photography.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and demonstrate that s/he is results oriented. The candidate must be able to work closely with the Executive and other Producers and should also have the ability to stay on top of the news and events in the region.
- Creative ability to enterprise and innovate.
- Must be organized, pro-active and communicate clearly and directly.
- Ability and to deliver product under short deadlines.
- Flexibility to change work flow and operational plan as news and deadlines dictate.
- English language proficiency, Required
- Persian language, desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.