We’re looking for a Journalist to join our Kosovo Unit of the Balkan Service in Prague operational headquarters. The Journalist will initiate, prepare, produce, and deliver wide variety of journalistic material on multiple platforms (Radio, TV, online, social media, printed…) as assigned, relevant to the target audience and to RFE/RL mission, adhering to and striving to exceed RFE/RL content quality standard.
You will be expected to:
• Create original content on a wide variety of topics and issues, from bulletins and dispatch to features and analyses for relevant platforms. Adapt content as necessary. Translate according to the language proficiency.
• Conduct interviews.
• Moderate, deliver live, blog, record, contribute, input online, shoot photos and video as required.
• Produce live, recorded, online, printed, etc. content, as appropriate, using the available techniques, operates relevant technologies, tools and computer equipment, and/or directs specialists or other involved staff if assigned.
• Maintain up–to–date familiarity with political, economic, and social developments in and related to the target area.
• Research material and selects reliable information from a varied range of reputable sources.
• Keep deadlines and strive to meet or exceed RFE/RL standards for the quality of the output, take editorial responsibility for all own material.
• Actively participate in program feedback sessions.
• Regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to program planning.
• May act as an editor responsible for an output segment, e.g. radio or TV program or program stream, website, blog, newspaper, etc., as appropriate for the given platform and as applicable.
• Expected to explore innovative angles for coverage, ensuring relevance for the audience.
• Take part, as required, in programs by local media and develops contacts for both journalistic work and RFE/RL reputation.
• Master’s degree in journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience
• 5-8 years of experience in journalism in news organization
• Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as with regional and international affairs.
• Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions
• Strong news judgment, ability to edit own work as well as work of others and to take responsibility for an output segment.
• Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to work with social and digital media to both find content and disseminate it.
• Capability to post and edit text and photos, make photo galleries, post videos, schedule programs, and of basic Internet TV operation
• Proven abilities in multiple platforms and media, good knowledge of other media and platforms.
• Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
• Understanding of RFE/RL mission and broadcast area targets.
• Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
• Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously and work under deadlines.
• Willingness and ability to learn and to work with new technologies and media platforms as well as to acquire or enhance the knowledge of journalistic practices relevant to the assignment.
• Fluency in the respective RFE/RL target country language [ Kosovo], mandatory
• Proficiency in English, desired
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.