The Executive Producer is responsible for the editorial and video production in Current Time evening shows to ensure quality is industry standard. Working with the Executive Editor for News and the Managing Editor, the Executive Producer is a team leader, supervising the content creators who gather video, text, graphics and other elements for the daily Current Time evening show.
- Working with Executive Editor for News and Managing Editor, exercises editorial control over the Current Time content creators who gather video, text, graphics and other elements for Current Time programs.
- Determines the visual look of the show, the pacing and the content. Conceptualizes the show’s format, working with editorial and technical teams to ensure all production needs are addressed, including a coherent graphic look for the show, editorial transitions, content and show timing.
- Working with the host, decides whether the show segments will be reported as a live guest, discussion, package, voice-over, or a reporter on set. Assigns stories to reporters in the field and Multimedia Producers in Prague.
- Supervises Line Producer in bringing the show to air. Points out daily show production problems in the postmortem, providing constructive feedback regarding news coverage and programming. Assigns video editors to projects. Keeps track of production progress. Advises Multimedia Producers and Video Editors on best editing practices.
- Checks all story submissions for editorial accuracy and thoroughness of reporting. As needed, edits news copy, intros, scripts, and video elements before they head into production to ensure accuracy and continuity. Exercises news judgment and keeps track of what stories are in production and who is assigned to them. Works with staff to ensure problems do not become chronic.
- Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage opportunities. Presents coverage ideas and possibilities to Managing Editor and Executive Editor for News for discussion at daily and weekly editorial meetings.
- Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Instructs Current Time anchors, multimedia producers, and correspondents on RFE/RL’s reporting practices and editorial guidelines.
- Works with other services at RFE/RL and VOA on news coverage. Pulls content from other services and pushes content out to other services. Coordinates coverage with other Current Time shows to ensure sharing of content and cross-promotion.
- Plans and executes special projects and shows on location and in the field working with hosts, correspondents, multimedia producers and technical staff. In addition to a regular Current Time evening show, the Executive Producer is expected, if assigned, to lead rolling news coverage at any time during important, breaking news events.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- University education in journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 8 years of experience as a journalist.
- At least 2 years of program budget control-related experience.
- Substantial editorial experience in international media.
- Strong control room skills in live remote programming
- Experience with live field reporting.
- Familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Content creation skills that can be held up as examples of best-practice journalism. Has developed a network of original sources, in addition to being capable of all-round reporting and writing. Consistently pitches original ideas and meets or beats deadlines.
- Sound editorial judgment, ability to take responsibility for an output segment or for service’s output on one or more platforms, e.g. radio, TV, or, website.
- Proved sufficient leadership qualities in editorial tasks. Can be relied upon to exercise good judgment in sensitive situations. Capable of supervising radio, web, and multimedia production in terms of both, content and production quality.
- Ability to manage assigned staff and to provide extended coaching and on-going mentoring to junior staff when required.
- Proficiency in English
- Russian as a first language
- Knowledge of another RFE/RL target language preferably a Central Asian language, desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.