The Bureau Security Technician is a locally recruited position assigned to the Corporate Security Division and is based in Prague, Czech Republic.
Reporting to the Senior Security Technician, the Bureau Security Technician provides support for and assists in RFE/RL’s physical security programs at bureaus and offices to maintain and provide protection for Company personnel and facilities against acts of crime, terrorism, and espionage. The Bureau Security Technician generally conducts or directs the installation, maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting of a multitude of technical security systems to include – but not limited to alarms, access control systems, locks, security video systems, explosive detection systems, X-ray machines, and forced entry resistant doors.
Travel to bureaus and offices as needed.
- Works with the Senior Security Technician to plan and design technical security system specifications for all new bureau and office locations, relocations, security upgrades - often working jointly with the Technology Department.
- Installs or directs the installation of technical security system equipment and components at bureaus and offices.
- Conducts or directs the repair and preventative maintenance of technical security system equipment and components at bureaus and offices.
- Anticipates, trouble-shoots, and resolves problems with technical security system equipment and components at bureaus and offices.
- Conducts tests of technical security system equipment and components at all bureaus and offices.
- Travels to bureaus and offices as needed.
- Assists the Sr. Security Technician with the maintenance and repair of all technical security system equipment and components at the Hagibor Building in Prague.
- Works with the Sr. Security Technician to test and evaluate new-generation physical and technical security equipment and components.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Graduation from at least a two-year Vocational Course or equivalent with a focus on electronics.
- Must possess the ability to maintain a valid Czech Republic Electrician's Certification.
- Must have at least three years of verifiable work experience in the field of the design, installation, maintenance and repair of technical security system equipment and components.
- Must have verifiable work experience with the installation, maintenance, or repair of technical security system equipment and components following technical drawings of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Can proficiently install, maintain, or repair technical security system equipment and components following technical drawings of electrical layouts and building plans.
- As this is a position of trust, must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check.
- Czech language (Native) mandatory
- English Language (Working Knowledge - spoken and written) mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.