We are looking for a skillful Studio Technician. In this position you will direct and produce a variety of programs using varied production techniques with a view to maximum efficiency and radiophonic quality. You will operates all studio equipment and digital audio work stations, direct production, and contribute to design of programs. Strives at all times to ensure the highest possible technical quality of broadcasts. This is part time job, 20 hours per week.
• Directs and produces a variety of programs (including special events, commentaries, news reports, features) using varied production techniques.
• Operates DAVID and other audio equipment ensuring faultless radiophonic quality and adherence to professional radio standards.
• Directs the production of live and recorded programs, in assigned RFE/RL studios. In consultation with broadcasting, selects music, bridges, and other sound cuts to be incorporated into programming.
• Contacts correspondents as directed, records and times program contributions made by them.
• Contributes with Broadcasters to the design or refinement of program formats.
• Prepares production reports.
• Edits audio material for broadcasts. Verifies editorial output. Edits pre-recorded tapes.
• Takes responsibility for the operational state of studios and equipment used for recording or live broadcast sessions.
• Combination of education and experience
• Technical fields BA - Bachelor degree, an advantage
• Experience in radio production practices and techniques, including operating audio equipment and digital audio work stations. 2-5 years
- Communication skills; written and verbal.
• Directs and monitors the recording of stringer and staff reports. Operates audio equipment and digital audio work stations.
May be required to direct and oversee the production of complex, creative radio programs, including selection and use of music, multiple voice tracks, sound effects.
• Solid knowledge of Radio/TV production techniques and practices.
• Strong experience with sound production.
- Knowledge of video editing, advantage
Willing to work irregular schedules, weekends and holidays.
- English language working knowledge
- Pashto or Dari language knowledge, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.