Reporting to the Service Director, he/she is responsible for all output content from service staff and contributors in the coverage area, and for leading the digital team to increase impact and extend outreach to new audiences. In all areas of his/her responsibilities the Chief Digital Editor takes direction from the Service Director, and carries out his/her duties as delegated by the Service Director. Works in cooperation with the Bureau Chief and Coverage Coordinator on determining the highest digital value and quality content for the Service. In their role as the Deputy Director they will represent the Service in the absence of the Director including taking on the responsibilities of delegated authority. Should be able to appear or host video programs as needed.
• Responsible for all digital content production and oversees analytics for all platforms.
• Maintains ongoing relationship with other regional services within RFE/RL and seek out opportunities for joint coverage with services such as Current Time.
• Serves as an advocate for raising the prospects and profile of the service within the emerging media landscape.
• Determines all primary digital content placement and delivery.
• Explores innovative methods for coverage, ensuring relevance to local audiences and every opportunity for greater impact.
• Monitors and gives guidance on work in progress, and gives immediate, fair, and constructive feedback to journalists and journalistic support staff.
• Holds regular postmortems of online products and maintains solid production discipline.
• Maintains RFE/RL editorial standards of output on all platforms (e.g. Digital, Video), ensuring quality, high production values, and timeliness of all contributions.
• Coordinates planning with Astana, Almaty and within the Prague office, striving for efficiency in the use of journalistic resources and capacity.
• Regularly contributes his/her media expertise on all platforms, including any digital and video programs.
• Works with the LS director to develop the strategy of the service in Kazakh market.
• Coordinates on planning with other platforms.
• Edits copy and creates content as needed.
• Substitutes LS director in his absence in daily planning meetings inside the service and Prague meetings.
• Develops the team: motivates staff, identifies individual and team training needs, helps with training.
• Leads the team in making use of suitable new production and delivery methods in line with developing technologies.
• Oversees a supportive environment, encouraging initiative, participation, and open communication within the team.
• Builds awareness of, and identification with, RFE/RL’s mission.
• Maintains and strengthens the bilateral relationship between CTTV’s DIGIM Unit and maintains an ongoing relationship with the digital teams within the affiliated services of RFE/RL.
• Takes responsibility for developing own management skills.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Other duties may be added, as specified by management.
Journalism or related area
• Work Experience and competencies
Experienced journalist and manager with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience with excellent communication skills and a solid track record of crafting stories, executing an effective and innovative social media strategy and developing contacts relevant to the service
Kazakh (fluent) - mandatory
Russian (proficient) - mandatory
English (written and spoken working knowledge) - mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.