RFE/RL's Bulgarian Service in Sofia is looking for a new colleague - Social Media Editor, who will be responsible for daily operation of Service's social media accounts.
- Takes care of RFE/RL Bulgarian accounts on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Explores new opportunities for using other platforms as well for reaching new audiences.
- Posts RFE/RL Bulgarian content on Social media and makes sure all content is Google-friendly.
- Produces content especially for Social media.
- Advertises content on Social media, creates advertisements, targets audiences, keeps track of the performance.
- Plans and creates polls, quiz or other forms of interaction with RFE/RL Bulgarian audience on Social media.
- Answers/forwards messages sent on Social media, moderates discussions under the posts, and ensures a tolerant and hate-speech-free environment.
- Uses journalistic acumen to find stories that are both likely to be shared and meet RFE/RL standards.
- Mines the web for news leads and participates in developing news stories.
- Keeps RFE/RL Bulgarian service team updated throughout the day on trending topics and stories worth exploring.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in digital journalism and social media in news organization
- Strong news judgment
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure
- Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to work with social and digital media to both find content and disseminate it.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.,
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously and work under deadlines.
- Bulgarian native level
- English working proficiency
- One more foreign language desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.