We are looking for a journalist to join our Russian Service team. You will initiate, prepare, produce, and deliver wide variety of journalistic material on multiple platforms (Radio, TV, online, social media, printed, etc.) as assigned, relevant to the Russian audience and to RFE/RL mission, adhering to and striving to exceed RFE/RL content quality standards.
- You will be expected to:
- Create content on a wide variety of topics and issues, from bulletins and dispatch to features for relevant platforms. Adapt content as necessary. Translate according to the language proficiency.
- Work as field correspondent and reporter on assignment.
- Conduct interviews in the studio, by telephone, or in the field
- Moderate, deliver live, blogs, records, contributes, inputs online, shot photos and video as required.
- Produce live, recorded, online, printed, etc. content, as appropriate, using the available techniques, operate relevant technologies, tools and computer equipment.
- Maintain up–to–date familiarity with political, economic, and social developments in and related to the target area. Brief yourself on latest news and issues prior to starting work day.
- Research material and, exercising editorial judgment, select reliable information from a varied range of reputable sources.
- Keep deadlines and strive to meet or exceed RFE/RL standards for the quality of the output.
- Adhere to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times and take editorial responsibility for all own material.
- Actively participate in program feedback sessions.
- Regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to program planning.
- University education in journalism or related field, or equivalent relevant training and experience.
- Around 4 years of experience as a journalist.
- Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Ability to handle at least one selected platform or media, general awareness of other media and platforms. Ability to work with audio and video equipment, word processing tools, information research tools and new technologies and media platforms.
- Able to work with RFE/RL content management system - capable of posting and editing text and photos, webifying content, and Program Scheduling.
- Able to reliably develop and deliver quality content according to RFE/RL standards and best practices. Able to pitch original ideas, cultivate original sources, conduct interviews, write news and features, with light editing and editorial supervision.
- Good editorial judgment exercised in own work. Occasionally needs editorial supervision.
- Seeks opportunities for development and training, and assumes responsibility for own learning.
- Supportive team player.
- Has an understanding or RFE/RL mission and broadcast area targets.
- Russian language, native level
- Working knowledge of English. Able to use English current affairs resources daily and to use the information for work - with editorial supervision and assistance.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.