The Bureau Administrator reports to the Manager, Bureau Finance & Administration (BFA) as well as maintains a dotted line to the Bureau Chief. This position is responsible for the administrative and office management of the bureau and its employees. As such the incumbent ensures the best possible administrative and operational support to the Bureau Chief, Service Director, and the bureau journalistic staff in their efforts to carry out their broadcast mission. The Bureau Administrator is responsible for providing an efficiently-run office environment, for ensuring compliance with local legislation and RFE/RL policies and procedures, and for reporting and responding to all the relevant departments, such as BFA, CPO, HR, Marketing, Technology, and others, in a timely and adequate manner.
OFFICE MANAGEMENT/ADMINISTRATION / PURCHASES
- Supports the Bureau Chief and Service Director on issues relating to Finance/payroll, HR related concerns, legal issues relating to RFE/RL, Technology, Security and others as needed.
- Ensures appropriate level of inventory of office supplies; monitors and controls their use.
- Arranges for the local purchase of equipment and liaises with suppliers.
- Arranges business travel for personnel working out of the bureau.
- Chooses the most cost-effective solutions in all areas of bureau operation.
- Works on various security and safety issues in co-operation with Corporate Security.
- Coordinates with the Mailroom, as needed, to arrange for mailing and shipping.
- As directed by Technology Division in Prague and in liaison with Bureau Engineer/Bureau Chief/Service Director and BFA, assists with arranging for various bureau office maintenance, and related purchases and refurbishments.
- Maintains operational liaison with other RFE/RL personnel (BFA, Human Resources, Security, etc.).
- Supervises the work of all administrative bureau staff, if applicable, and coordinates it with Manager, BFA.
FINANCE/CENTRAL PROPERTY OFFICE
- Responsible for all aspects of bureau finances, including accounting and payroll, under the guidance of the Manager, BFA.
- Accountable for the cash management function of the bureau and for maintaining bank account(s). Ensures timely payments for vendor payables, payroll, payroll taxes (including employees’ withholdings and payments for social security, pension and healthcare) and any other payments required of the bureau and its employees by law.
- Maintains all financial records including collection and storage of all receipts and payment orders. Also ensures accurate, timely reporting of bureau accounts and all financial transactions to the appropriate local government and/or other legislative authorities, as well as to the relevant departments of RFE/RL.
- Works directly with the Bureau Accounting staff in Prague as instructed by the Manager, BFA, to provide for clear, accurate and timely financial information, as well as ensuring that the bureau has adequate funding to maintain its operations.
- As instructed by the CPO in Prague and in BFA’s knowledge, maintains the inventory of company property, as well as recording and processing the disposal of used or replaced property.
- Maintains strict confidentiality over HR and Finance issues of bureau office operations and its staff, particulary about the salaries and payments.
- Assists in recruitment and performs various HR activities, such as new hire orientation, contract administration, and other employment support processes, as administered and supervised by the Service Director, BFA, and HR in Prague.
- Maintains and submits to the Service Director, Bureau Chief, BFA, and HR in Prague employee attendance and other personnel records, as directed.
- Supports the training of bureau staff in all areas, incl. journalism, English language, technical training, LibertyNET, etc.
- Stays abreast of relevant local legislation (finance, labor, and other bureau related), works closely with BFA and Legal Dept., and informs the Bureau Chief, Service Director, and other relevant departments of RFE/RL about pending changes in a timely manner.
- As directed by RFE/RL’s management, BFA and Legal Dept., liaises with local authorities, legal consultants, and other professional bodies to ensure compliance with the statutory requirements of the law.
- As instructed by the Manager, BFA, negotiates leases and liaises with the landlord(s) and coordinates closely with BFA and Legal Dept. in regards to contracts and services.
- Negotiates local service contracts and coordinates closely with BFA, as instructed by the Manager, BFA.
- Participates in the development of RFE/RL Bureau policies and procedures, and implements them in the bureau.
- Ensures that bureau documents conform to internal guidelines and other relevant provisions.
OTHER BUREAU SUPPORT
- Is familiar with RFE/RL’s language service operation in Prague, and is capable to respond to enquiries about it.
- In day-to-day contact with the public, represents the bureau and the service in a helpful, polite manner, enhancing its reputation.
- Actively contributes to a positive, supportive working environment.
- Fosters open communication between the broadcasting and the administrative sides of the bureau’s operation.
- In cases of operational necessity, assumes other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education.
- Experience in office management/business administration,
- Experience in accounting/payroll,
- Understands and meets customers’ (internal/external) needs in a helpful way,
- Working knowledge of English language, Intermediate level at minimum,
- Knowledge of the bureau country legislation,
- End-user knowledge of MS Office Suite,
- Ability to learn new systems and applications,
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and prioritize multiple tasks,
- Dependability, accuracy, attention to detail & ability to work under pressure,
- Interpersonal and communication skills, incl. discretion,
- Ability to work in a team.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.