Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief of the Kyiv bureau and Ukrainian Service director, the Digital Media Manager is responsible for coordinating, editing, and generally managing Ukrainian Service website(s) and social media presence, as well as engagement with audiences across these platforms. The incumbent plays a lead role in new media and digital initiatives.
• Sets editorial direction and manages Web staff to: provide high quality, accurate and credible news and features, incorporate interactive and multiple platform elements such as forums, polls, playlists, podcasts; extend TV/radio products online.
• Coordinates, edits, and generally manages RFE/RL’s Ukrainian Service social media presence and engagement with audiences across these platforms. Works with web team on day-to-day and special digital initiatives and new content delivery strategies.
• Develops new strategies for distributing content and engaging with audience online, and measuring impact of such initiatives. Works to determine (and develop, where appropriate) stories meriting wider distribution in media markets.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Journalism, international relations or related field MA - Master degree (Mandatory)
• Digital media/journalism experience and expertise in a fast-paced organization with tight deadlines. (Mandatory)
• Broadcasting experience. Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure. (Mandatory)
• Team management experience 2-5 years. (Mandatory)
• Experience in online journalism or professional writing 5-8 years. (Mandatory)
• Experience in organizing, running and evaluating digital initiatives of small and large scale in local and international environment. (Mandatory)
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of journalism, proper use of new and more traditional communications channels, having a solid communication and marketing background. (Mandatory)
• Organization & planning skills at a managerial level (Mandatory)
• People Management (Mandatory)
• Ability to work under pressure (Mandatory)
• Ukrainian, Russian, English Oral+Written (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.